V.P. Of Finance
Our client an active non-profit located in Northern Virginia is looking to hire its V.P Of Finance, reporting to the CEO/President. It is a direct report and a high visibility position working directly with the entities top decision makers.
Reporting to and partnering with the President and CEO, Vice President, Finance is responsible for the overall financial health of our client. The VP, Finance will play a key role in assessing, planning and managing the organizational financial capacity required to meet our client overall goals while ensuring timely, accurate and efficient financial and administrative management of the organization. The position will be at our client’s headquarters.
The VP, Finance is responsible for strategic and technical financial planning and analysis, general accounting, budgeting, asset management, banking, risk management and insurance, Finance Committee and Audit Committee reporting, audit and internal control. The VP, Finance will oversee the management and coordination of organizational budgets, financial operations and reporting, contract and grant management, human resources and facilities. The VP, Finance directly supervises the Controller, Senior Accountant and Accountant. The VP, Finance will partner with the CEO and others in the development and streamlining of our client’s financial and administrative infrastructure to maximize operational efficiency as the organization continues its expected growth. The VP, Finance reports to the President and CEO, and is a member of the senior management team.
- Partner with the President and CEO on operational and strategic issues as they arise; provide strategic recommendations to the President and CEO based on financial analysis and projections, cost identification and revenue/expense analysis.
- Work closely with the President and CEO and senior management team to develop and implement the organization’s strategic plan.
- Lead and guide the financial operations of the organization to ensure alignment of financial activities with organizational goals.
Financial and Operational Management
Compliance and Internal Control
- Assess, develop and implement effective and efficient financial systems and processes in accordance with GAAP to ensure effective internal control, accurate and timely financial reporting and efficient operations.
- Provide critical financial information to the Finance and Audit committees of the Board around issues and trends. Oversee and manage the annual financial audit. Ensure strong operational and financial controls and that the highest levels of integrity and transparency are maintained.
- Consult and advise management and the Board on accounting issues, compliance and risk management.
- Manage finance, banking and cash flow to ensure protection of assets, liquidity and efficient operations.
- Ensure compliance with regulations such as with the 401k, health benefits, human resources and others. Manage relationships with partners providing those services.
- Administer Our client risk management program and insurance.
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state and local laws and reporting requirements.
Financial Management and Budgeting
- Evaluate, develop, implement and lead an effective annual budget process, working closely with the CEO and other senior management; oversee the development, updates and regular assessment of the organizational budget and multi-year financial forecast.
- Oversee timely financial statement reporting and variance analysis for management and the Board. Report to the Finance Committee and Board of Directors at least quarterly on the financial health of the organization including fundraising progress, financial results relative to budget, liquidity, cash flow and reserve fund allocation.
- Develop and maintain effective policies to protect and manage Our client financial and physical assets including facilities, equipment, vehicles, software and other resources.
- Oversee the internal accounting and reporting functions.
- Assist in the preparation of grant, contract and consulting proposal budgets and reports, as appropriate.
- Lead the effort to implement a new accounting software platform.
- Partner with the senior management team to understand their business needs and provide financial and operational information that moves the organization’s goals and objectives to completion.
- Work closely with senior management to support their effectiveness in program financial management, program budgeting and related activities.
- Oversee Human Resources management including working with external pro bono legal counsel, ensuring our client compliance with all federal and state labor laws, personnel policies, compensation and benefits administration, payroll administration, recordkeeping, employee relations and annual performance review process.
- Evaluate and oversee all benefits negotiations, thus providing the most competitive packages for employees within the organization’s budget.
- Oversee management of facilities and leases, including cost benefit analysis of potential subleasing.
- Other related responsibilities as needed and as determined by the President and CEO.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance, Business or related degree and CPA required, and 5+ years of comparable work experience; Master’s degree in Accounting/Finance, Business or related degree preferred.
- Track record of success as a Finance Director or VP, Finance for organizations with $5+ million in annual operating revenue. Ideally five years of experience with non-profit financial management.
- Strong analytical skills and experience interpreting a strategic vision into an operational model. Seasoned in business planning, budget development and assessment, risk analysis and resource development.
- Working knowledge of GAAP, FASB, and other financial accounting and contract management standards, including federal OMB guidelines.
- Experience in negotiating and administering service contracts.
- Experience partnering with Finance and Audit Committee Chairs and managing Committee meetings.
- Proven ability to set priorities, create efficiencies and guide investment in people and systems.
- Technologically savvy; experience working with IT and program staff to develop and implement new processes and systems that demonstrated increased efficiency.
- Experience in overseeing management of Human Resources and related functions.
- Strong leadership skills in managing a team for growth; inspires trust and cohesiveness. Strong commitment to developing team members.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple, simultaneous projects and deadlines while maintaining a high level of accuracy and a positive disposition.
- Ability to work independently as well as a proven team player. Exceptional integrity and strong work ethic.
- Demonstrated commitment to the charitable sector and a passion for the organization’s mission.
- Working knowledge of standard financial accounting software (preferably Sage Intaact or NetSuite).
Excellent opportunity for the right candidate looking for a high profile position and responsibilities. Very good compensation package will be offered to the qualified candidate. Client is looking to interview and hire quickly do not delay in presenting your resume and compensation requirements.