Interim Senior Grants & Contracts Manager
Our client is looking to add a bright, resourceful, and organized Senior Grants and Contracts Manager to join our Finance team. In this role, you will lead full cycle grant management, oversight, monitoring, compliance, and reporting. The Senior Grants and Contracts Manager is a hands-on position responsible for the organization’s grants/contracts program including grant administration process, ensuring grant compliance with all applicable regulations, managing grant databases, financial reporting from pre-award through closeout based on grant/contract requirements.
Other important responsibilities of the Senior Grants and Contracts Manager:
- Manage full life cycle of all grants and contracts administration functions (proposal through close out) in close collaboration with Center for Best Practices program directors and other departments;
- Negotiate all grant and contract agreements, as requested;
- Negotiate and prepare sub-grants and awards, as required;
- Coordinate contractual and reporting requirements and other ensure obligations are met;
- Serve as Center main point of contact with all donors and contracting officers relating to administration and/or compliance;
- Prepares and coordinates contract briefs on all contractual matters to program leadership and staff;
- Assists with drafting subgrant/subaward solicitation preparation, negotiate with awardees, drafting and finalization of agreements;
- As required responds to subgrant/subaward requirements including invoicing and modifications;
- Supports reviews and audits as required, including U.S Government grants;
- Manage a team of two grant management specialists; and
- Other duties as assigned by Chief Financial Officer.
Candidates should have a bachelor’s degree preferable in business administration with specific grants management coursework or related field with equivalent combination of education and experience. Ten plus years of experience in working with federal, state and foundation grant application development, writing, and submission. Experience working with Governors, working in federal or state agencies or non-profit organizations is preferred.
The ideal candidate must have demonstrated ability to:
- Knowledge of U.S. Government contracting vehicles (e.g., contracts and grants);
- Proficiency in US. Government regulations (FAR and Uniform Guidance);
- Knowledge of auditing policies, financial management procedures, and systems;
- Ability to build strong working relationships with internal staff and external vendors;
- Research and provide advanced data management and analytical skills using MS Excel and other grant/contract management database;
- Strong project management and organizational skills, work independently, set priorities, and handle multiple issues at the same time;
- Ability to work effectively independently and solve complex problems with limited oversight;
- Articulate, and professional speaking abilities (and experience); and
- Capacity to manage a professional team that can work together and independently in a dynamic, changing work environment, as well as the ability to set priorities effectively.
- Working knowledge of Intacct financial software is a plus.
Excellent hourly compensation for the candidate who most closely matches the above requiurements.