A/P-A/R & Payroll Specialists
We are looking for AR / AP / PR Specialists for fulltime permanent and temp to permanent positions with our clients in Northern Virginia and Washington, DC. Candidates would be responsible for processing all invoices received for payment, undertaking the payment of all creditors in an accurate, efficient and timely manner as well as various payroll processing functions using online payroll functions such as ADP payroll services. Position may require performing all, a combination or any three of the functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reconcile bank accounts
- Demonstrate knowledge of three-way match. Review vendor invoices and post daily to accounts-utilizing correct account codes within Chart of Accounts. Maintain Payables Aging, Ability to investigate and resolve problems associated with processing of invoices. Knowledge of wire transfers and ACH payments.
- Perform journal entries and account reconciliations for the month-end close including AP, accrued AP and expense reimbursement.
- Tracks company credit card charges and reconciles statements.
- Respond to vendor inquiries
- Assist in the development and implementation of goals, policies, and procedures relating to accounts payable
- Responsible for invoicing customers in a timely manner, Cash receipt posting (checks received, ACH, Wire and Credit card payments).
- Review AR Aging and contact customers regarding overdue accounts
- Strategize collection activities to maximize cash receipts
- Establish and maintain cooperative relationships with customers
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices
- Familiar with online payroll systems, ADP, Paychex,UltiPro etc.
- Prepare and process bi-weekly payroll for employees (size varies)
- Manage the payroll software self-service portal
- Provide training to employees on all payroll related functions
- Review & audit master file and pay data entries, YTD totals, and file amendments
- Prepare various payroll & management reports, journal entries, workers compensation and reconcile quarterly payroll taxes
- Process new hires, employee changes, and benefit administration via ADP
- Proficient with various accounting software such as Intacct, MS Dynamics GP, QuickBooks and Bill.com, Any Bill, Concur or similar AP software experience.
- Strong problem-solving skills, accounting principles knowledge, documentation skills, research and resolution skills, data analysis and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to interact with employees, vendors and customers in a professional manner.
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timelines.
- High attention to detail
- Prior hands-on AP AR and PR experience is required
- Strong understanding/proficiency of AP AR and PR functions
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field preferred