A/P Manager Consultant
Our client located in suburban Baltimore, MD is seeking interim A/P Manager to support to support its Procure to Pay process, with a primary focus in managing the Accounts Payable Function.
The A/P Manager is responsible for managing Accounts Payable function, through the application of broad knowledge of theories and principles utilized to solve Accounts Payable backlog, SOX requirements and business process optimization. Late evenings and/or weekend work will be required.
• Manage and track unpaid supplier invoices
• Manage A/P Researchers, PO Receivers and A/P processors
• Coordinate and ensure entire A/P Team is working in unison
• Understand and ensure all accounting interdependences such cost accounting, customer billing and CIP
• Manage supplier communication and statement validations
• Coordinate with the vendor and Purchasing to ensure required PO changes are implemented in a timely basis
• Identify, design and coordinate implementation of business process optimization by leveraging best practices and automation
• Requires flexible workhours, weekend and nights may be required to meet deadlines
• Reconcile required balance sheet reconciliations
• Coordinate within A/P Team to ensure supplier invoice payment process is consistently followed
• Ensure SOX requirements for 3-way and 2-way matching requirements are consistently being followed
• Provide audit support as needed
• Coordinate with Cost Accounting, CIP and Customer Billing to ensure all interdependences are communicated
• Coordinate with A/P Manager on specific supplier payments as needed
- Coordinate with Supply Chain, Purchase Requesters, Procurement on PO to invoice research findings
- Have excellent understanding and knowledge Procure to Pay process
- Experienced with suspension and adherent cell cultures
Experience & Education
• Bachelor’s Degree in accounting required
• Experience in Accounts Payable management/oversight desired
• Strong analytical skills
• Experience in resolving complicated accounting issues preferred
• Ability to juggle multiple competing priorities
• Proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively with different levels of employees and management
• Effective communication
Excellent hourly compensation available for the right combination of skills and experience.
Please submit your resume and desired hourly compensation. Candidates must be willing to work overtime and will be expected to commit to a 6 month project time line.