Industries that require temporary & permanent financial appointments
It is quite common for companies of all sizes to require temporary or permanent financial appointments in their accounting department, often at short notice, and to help handle increased workloads. A professional finance and accounting direct hire resource firm can help fill these positions speedily, with qualified individuals who will make fine additions to any accounting team.
The industries that most often require interim or permanent staffing in their finance departments include the following:
- Industries Government Contractors
- Real Estate and Construction
- Tech and Biotech
- Professional Services-CPA
- lawyers, lobbyists, advertising firms, management consulting firms
Companies in these sectors often need to bolster their capacities in areas such as accounting and finance, admin and clerical, credit and collections, data entry, and taxes.
Pros and cons of temporary hiring
Why would you want to take on temporary staff members to help you cope with your workloads? Temporary hiring offers you the following benefits:
- You can more quickly and effectively handle fluctuating workloads.
- Maintain staffing flexibility – a more extensive employment pool will offer more flexibility for you and for your finance department.
- You can evaluate candidates without any commitment. You can take on professionals provided by direct hire firms, and have them work for limited periods to assess their suitability for your company. At the end of the contract period, you can then decide whether you want to hire them permanently or try someone else – with no commitment or obligation.
Among the possible drawbacks of temporary hiring are the following:
- You have to train and induct new staff members on a regular basis, and will have to make provision for this happening repeatedly.
- You would have to be careful to treat your temp staff as well as your permanent staff, and ensure that their roles, as well as the benefits to which they may or may not be entitled, are made very clear at the commencement of their employment period.
- You may experience morale issues arising from a divide between permanent staff and temp staff. Temp staff may start to feel hard done by if they do the same work as their colleagues without the benefits, while permanent staff may treat temps as outsiders. Your HR department would need to manage staff relationships carefully to make sure that everyone is happy in the working environment.
Pros and cons of permanent hiring
If you choose to take on permanent staff, you could experience the following pros and cons:
- Permanent workers may feel more secure in their positions, and thus perform better.
- You won’t have to worry about seeking a new temp as soon as the current one’s contract finishes.
- You form a more integrated team in which colleagues get to know one another and work better as a unit.
- One downside is that a permanent staff member constitutes a greater investment, covering training, resources, office space, etc.
- Hiring and firing are longer and more complicated processes than with a temporary staff member. Recruiting efforts are more time-consuming and costly.
Three reasons to use our outsourced accounting professional staffing services
If you need temporary or permanent staff for your accounting department, consider working with Robert Joseph Group. Here are three reasons why you should choose us:
- We are a boutique, cost-effective firm, specializing in finance and accounting professionals.
- The owners are both CPAs by trade, with a full understanding of the requirements of finance departments. We can consult with clients and advise them on the solutions they need to handle their requirements.
- We are relationship-driven and have a high standard of ethics.
For more information on permanent and temporary financial appointments in Washington DC, contact Robert Joseph Group.